Saturday, February 13, 2010

I wasn't supposed to put beef in the trifle!!!

Okay, so up until this point I have been adamant that a person of my situation should not have a blog - single, relatively drama free, unable to discuss the ins and outs of my somewhat-interesting job.  I don't have kids to brag about, no burgeoning business to promote (yet), etc etc.  What on earth do I have to contribute to the bloated world of the online journal??  And after years of reading the musings of friends and family, I decided.....

WHY THE HELL NOT?!?
 (that's only Swear #1 for the day, Effiginaiah.)

So here I am - stuck in my hotel room for work in the desert of Yuma that has become my home for the next two weeks.  Watching reruns of That 70's Show.  Consuming a few slices of the two pizzas I ordered for myself.  Slumming it in my Transformer jammies.  Listening to the not-so-subtle going's on of the retired couple in the room next door, reminding me of my singleton status.  Wishing I could be at home having a dance party with my roomies or watching The Little Mermaid with my 3-yr-old niece.  Boring?  Why yes, yes it is.

Last night was a little more interesting.  I went to dinner and a movie by myself.  The waitress at Chili's recognized me from eating there last Friday night ("Oh yeah, I remember you!  You total loser!").  I would be lying if I said that I wasn't a little flattered by the barely-legal kid that walked in and out of the restaurant at least five times before mustering up the courage to prop himself onto the chair next to me and exclaim "Hey, do you want to call me some time?"  Nice.  The movie wasn't terrible - Valentine's Day - about as lacking in substance as one would have expected, but somehow still enjoyable enough with the grown women behind me making inappropriately cougar-like comments whenever Taylor Lautner came on the screen.   ("I heard he just turned 18.  Legal!!!!") 

So, in an effort to add a little excitement to my pre-Valentine's Saturday night, I am going to throw myself a solo dance party (a little JT, please!), order a loud action flick, and slowly savor the delicious eclairs I got from Kneaders today.   Don't feel bad for me - I actually do this all the time back in K-town, except with the roomies, of course.  Miss you, ladies!!

Okay, so that's all I've got for now.  I'm seeing a few movies on the pay-per-view that may actually distract me from the noise next door - seriously, this is bullcorn!  I hope all my friends and family have a fabulous Valentine's Day and I can't wait to see y'all when I come back to the beautiful life in the UT on the 26th!!

Peace out.

3 comments:

Iron said...

Love it! Glad you are keeping up the count.

The Professor said...

Welcome to the club. (Meaning the blogger club. Not the single loser club. That's not really a club. It's more of a cult.)

Sam Potter said...

Sweet, Heather. Entertaining piece of writing. I look forward to reading it.

Post a Comment